This month, we looked at the reasons behind three-tiered architectures and started to look into a basic implementation of an application that uses this architecture. As you can see, we can already create small text-mode applications. Next month, we will complete our implementation, giving us the skeleton for a simple appointment book using mod_perl/Mason and PostgreSQL. We will also discuss issues regarding the scalability of three-tier solutions, as well as some of the pitfalls.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software