This month, we looked at the reasons behind three-tiered architectures and started to look into a basic implementation of an application that uses this architecture. As you can see, we can already create small text-mode applications. Next month, we will complete our implementation, giving us the skeleton for a simple appointment book using mod_perl/Mason and PostgreSQL. We will also discuss issues regarding the scalability of three-tier solutions, as well as some of the pitfalls.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- New Products
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Customizing Vim
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds