Linux Apprentice: Linux Tools for the Web
A month ago, I started looking for Linux tools that would allow me to create and manage web sites. My goals were to find open-source tools I could compile and use without too much difficulty. The tools I found and used have met my needs quite well. Even though several of them are not up to version 1.0, I find the Linux tools work better than the tools I had been using in the Windows world. I was also able to sample a much greater variety of Linux tools than I would have been able to in the Windows world.
Ralph Krause (email@example.com) made the leap from a corporate salary to independent computer consultant this past summer. He divides his time between his business, his girlfriend Ann Marie, and his two dogs, Purdy and Dakota.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator