Linux Apprentice: Linux Tools for the Web
A month ago, I started looking for Linux tools that would allow me to create and manage web sites. My goals were to find open-source tools I could compile and use without too much difficulty. The tools I found and used have met my needs quite well. Even though several of them are not up to version 1.0, I find the Linux tools work better than the tools I had been using in the Windows world. I was also able to sample a much greater variety of Linux tools than I would have been able to in the Windows world.
Ralph Krause (email@example.com) made the leap from a corporate salary to independent computer consultant this past summer. He divides his time between his business, his girlfriend Ann Marie, and his two dogs, Purdy and Dakota.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!