Open Source Remote Sensing Effort
What does this mean for the remote-sensing community and the global consumer? An unparalleled opportunity exists to allow the average consumer to see and understand information about our world that otherwise might not be possible for many years. The flood of raw data about our earth does us no good if we cannot turn it into information which provides broad uses to impact our socioeconomic problems in this borderless world.
remotesensing.org is dedicated to providing the world with affordable data and information capabilities to allow us to take better care of the world. What better way to do this than to bring the finest minds together in the Open Source world which Linux has created and allow them to do just that—create?
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS