An Overview of Intel's MMX Technology
Is all this worth the trouble? The answer to this question depends on the importance you give to speed. Comparing the MMX example program to a pure C language version, the speed improvements speak for themselves. The MMX routine is roughly 14 times faster than the C version (Listing 2 in the archive file) when compiled with no optimizations and about five times faster when full -O2 optimizations are enabled. Of course, you will lose portability and will probably have a harder time writing and debugging assembly language code. Life's full of tough choices, isn't it?
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- DevOps for Dummies
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- RSS Feeds
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Bash Arrays
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal