Introduction to Sybase, Part 2
The Sybase database server is a powerful piece of software. Unfortunately, all that power comes with a price. Setting up and supporting a Sybase server isn't as easy as using Postgres or MySQL, but if you need a heavy-duty, high-performance database, Sybase is your best bet.
Next month, we'll discuss application development using Sybase on Linux. This article will appear in the “Strictly On-line” section.
Jay Sissom is responsible for the web-based front end to the financial decision support data at Indiana University. He has installed and supported Sybase databases on many operating systems and has written database clients for the Web using C, C++ and sybperl and for Windows using tools like Visual Basic and PowerBuilder. When he isn't programming, he enjoys amateur radio and playing his bass guitar and keyboards. If you have questions, you can contact him via e-mail at email@example.com.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- New Products
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie