1998 Readers' Choice Awards
This year, the number of Readers' Choice awards expands once more to include 28 categories of Linux favorites. The voting took place on the Linux Journal web site for two months. Over 3000 votes were cast, with over 50% of them from Germany. This is a small number of votes considering the number of subscribers we have. Next year, exercise your right to vote and help determine the winners.
Each year it is quite a surprise to scan through the results. Go ahead, see for yourself!
Winner: Linux Network Administrator's Guide by Olaf Kirch and Andy Oram
Runner Up: Running Linux by Matt Welsh
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- How a Corrupted USB Drive Was Saved by GNU/Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Recovery of RAID and LVM2 Volumes
- Security Hardening with Ansible