Linux Security for Beginners
I have presented only some of the basics of security; however, there is far more to it than this. The best way to make your system more secure is to learn more about Linux security and to grab some of the tools I have mentioned (see Resources). Security is like philosophy—there is no definitive answer, just a lot of questions and books.
Alex Withers lives in Anchorage, Alaska during the summer where he tries to convince the hordes of tourists that they need a Linux box at home. The rest of the year, you'll find him studying computer science at Gonzaga University. Alex can be reached at email@example.com.
- Hash Tables—Theory and Practice
- The Ubuntu Conspiracy
- A First Look at IBM's New Linux Servers
- Making a PHP Site on Linux Work with a Microsoft SQL Server Database
- Vigilante Malware
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Vagrant Simplified
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Dealing with Boundary Issues