Linux in Antarctica
Nov 01, 1994 By Andrew Tridgell
Between GPS satellites and the Australian Surveying and Land Information Group are eight Linux systems, which have been collecting data for the last year. Find out how they're set up and how they keep everything running.
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Perceptions of the Linux OS Among Undergraduate System Administrators
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?