bridge: Hardware device used to connect multiple networks by passing packets. Can pass all data between networks or be set to selectively pass traffic by filtering certain packets.
firewall: Combination of hardware and software applications used to create a gateway and provide controlled access from an external network to an internal corporate or organizational network By reviewing all traffic and selectively allowing data to pass, the firewall protects the internal network from possible hostile action.
Copyright 1994 William H. Holt. Reprinted with permission from Unix: An Open Systems Dictionary, by William H. Holt & Rockie J. Morgan, published by Resolution Business Press.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Why Python?
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python