Red Hat CDE
If you administer a heterogeneous Unix environment, it's a good bet that CDE can make your life easier by standardizing an X environment across all platforms. CDE also helps programmers develop and deploy cross-platform X applications with a minimum of fuss.
As a developer, CDE's four workspaces help me reduce clutter on my display. During a typical development session I'll open a terminal process in one workspace, use Netscape Navigator in a second workspace, use ghostview in a third and use xxgdb in the fourth.
I am very happy with my purchase. Red Hat delivers a solid product with good documentation that is well worth the purchase price of $79.95US plus shipping. Red Hat also sells a Developer's Edition for $199.00US. If you enjoy a nice GUI, you too will like CDE. CDE lends a lot of credibility to Linux as a production environment.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Smoothwall Express
- Simple Server Hardening
- Own Your DNS Data
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Ensono M.O.
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations