Best of Technical Support
Where is an there an archive site for kernel source code and documentation for developing the Linux Kernel? —Jung-Ho Park Red Hat 4.1
The Kernel Hacker's Guide is a document written just for this purpose. You can find it on your favorite Sunsite mirror in /pub/linux/docs/kernel in the subdirectory kernel-hackers-guide. There is other documentation in this directory that may be of assistance to you. Also, the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.development.system has ongoing discussion of kernel development issues. —Chad Robinson, BRT Technical Services Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to submit a question for consideration for use in this column please fill out the web form at http://www.ssc.com/lj/ or send e-mail with the subject line “BTS” to email@example.com.
Answers published in Best of Technical Support are provided by a team of Linux experts. If you are interested in becoming a part of that team please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Linux Systems Administrator
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- So girls had it better ?
1 hour 32 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 hour 52 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
7 hours 24 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
12 hours 27 min ago
12 hours 46 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
13 hours 11 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
13 hours 24 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
19 hours 3 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
19 hours 38 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
20 hours 6 min ago