Best of Technical Support
Where is an there an archive site for kernel source code and documentation for developing the Linux Kernel? —Jung-Ho Park Red Hat 4.1
The Kernel Hacker's Guide is a document written just for this purpose. You can find it on your favorite Sunsite mirror in /pub/linux/docs/kernel in the subdirectory kernel-hackers-guide. There is other documentation in this directory that may be of assistance to you. Also, the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.development.system has ongoing discussion of kernel development issues. —Chad Robinson, BRT Technical Services Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to submit a question for consideration for use in this column please fill out the web form at http://www.ssc.com/lj/ or send e-mail with the subject line “BTS” to email@example.com.
Answers published in Best of Technical Support are provided by a team of Linux experts. If you are interested in becoming a part of that team please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension||Mar 29, 2017|
|Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value||Mar 29, 2017|
|smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer||Mar 28, 2017|
|How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO||Mar 27, 2017|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!||Mar 27, 2017|
|Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now||Mar 25, 2017|
- smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Hodge Podge