Best of Technical Support
Where is an there an archive site for kernel source code and documentation for developing the Linux Kernel? —Jung-Ho Park Red Hat 4.1
The Kernel Hacker's Guide is a document written just for this purpose. You can find it on your favorite Sunsite mirror in /pub/linux/docs/kernel in the subdirectory kernel-hackers-guide. There is other documentation in this directory that may be of assistance to you. Also, the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.development.system has ongoing discussion of kernel development issues. —Chad Robinson, BRT Technical Services Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to submit a question for consideration for use in this column please fill out the web form at http://www.ssc.com/lj/ or send e-mail with the subject line “BTS” to email@example.com.
Answers published in Best of Technical Support are provided by a team of Linux experts. If you are interested in becoming a part of that team please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Transferring Conserver Logs to Elasticsearch
- Linux Journal January 2017
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- Smith Charts for All