Washington, D.C. Local Users' Group Installfest
The Washington, D.C. Local Users' Group, with the help of the Manassas, Virginia LUGMAN, holds Installfests to help members upgrade and to encourage new Linuxers to take the plunge. The group is fortunate to have the use of a laboratory at a local medical school as to hold the 'Fests. The LUG provides a 10baseT network and server; participants connect to it and grab needed sources.
The photographs on this page were taken at our third Installfest, held this past August. We were honored by the attendance of Red Hat's crack development team. Jon “maddog” Hall from DEC also visited, perhaps to find out if there really is anything to that persistent rumor about Linux on the DEC Alpha!
In the end, upwards of 45 folks left with Rembrandt (4.0 Beta) Red Hat installed and working on their systems.
Visit the Washington, D.C. LUG web site: http://linux.wauug.org/.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
|Android Candy: Oyster—Netflix for Books!||Aug 07, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Returning Values from Bash Functions