GIF Images on the Fly
As with any development project, everyone has their opinion of the best package to use. I have been very satisfied with the gd C library and the GD.pm interface for creating GIF images on the fly. You may find other packages or interfaces that suit your needs better depending on your experience and your web server platform.
My only advice comes originally from my Dad, but slightly modified for the nineties and GIF image creation: “Never use a wrench (image editor) when an air ratchet (programming with GD.pm) can do the job.”
Jimmy Ball is a Supercomputer User Consultant with the Mississippi Center for Supercomputing Research located on the campus of the University of Mississippi. He also freelances as an Internet consultant focusing on web development, Unix administration and training. Jimmy can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer