GIF Images on the Fly
As with any development project, everyone has their opinion of the best package to use. I have been very satisfied with the gd C library and the GD.pm interface for creating GIF images on the fly. You may find other packages or interfaces that suit your needs better depending on your experience and your web server platform.
My only advice comes originally from my Dad, but slightly modified for the nineties and GIF image creation: “Never use a wrench (image editor) when an air ratchet (programming with GD.pm) can do the job.”
Jimmy Ball is a Supercomputer User Consultant with the Mississippi Center for Supercomputing Research located on the campus of the University of Mississippi. He also freelances as an Internet consultant focusing on web development, Unix administration and training. Jimmy can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Smoothwall Express
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Ensono M.O.
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)