Once set up, user administration is not that difficult. The necessary tools are installed by default, and some nice GUI programs make the task almost enjoyable. A well-thought out user-administration policy will help you enhance security while making the system friendlier and easier to use for both you and the users. Create some accounts and introduce your friends to the joys of “Linuxing”.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software