Letters to the Editor
We agree with your observations, and The May 1997 issue of Linux Journal will focus on the various platforms available for Linux.
The July 96 issue of LJ presents the new Korn shell (ksh93). What is not mentioned (and is not widely known) is that users who are not interested in commercial support can get Linux, Sun and other binaries for free (src is not available). This includes not only the ksh binary but also shared libraries and the Tksh extension for Tcl/Tk. Just check the URL http://www.research.att.com/orgs/ssr/book/reuse.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks