New Projects - Fresh from the Labs
Project at a Glance
Quantum Minigolf (quantumminigolf.sourceforge.net
I'm working alongside German developer Friedemann Reinhard to bring you this project next month. Quantum Minigolf is nearly the same as the game Minigolf, except that the ball obeys the laws of quantum mechanics. For instance, a ball can be at several places at once. It can diffract around obstacles and interfere with itself. Apart from that, the rules are the same. You can play on various tracks involving various obstacles. You hit the ball with a club and try to kick it into a hole on the other side of the track. I've played it already, and the concept is pretty wacky, I can tell you!
Brewing something fresh, innovative or mind-bending? Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Knight is a 26-year-old, drumming- and climbing-obsessed maniac from the world's most isolated city—Perth, Western Australia. He can usually be found either buried in an Audacity screen or thrashing a kick-drum beyond recognition.
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Security Hardening with Ansible