Coyote Point Offers Application Balancing for Virtual Servers
Performance was tested using a Spirent Avalanche 2900 configured to generate traffic load on the E650GX. The goal of the performance testing was to rate layer 7 HTTP transactions per second, layer 7 HTTPS throughput, layer 4 maximum concurrent connections and layer 4 connections per second. Those metrics are a good indicator of the processing power of the device, as well as the overall capacity of the device.
Layer 4 connections per second: 160,000 CPS
Layer 4 maximum concurrent connections: 17.5 million
Layer 7 HTTP transactions per second: 110,000 TPS
Layer 7 HTTP throughput: 1,300 Mbps
Layer 7 HTTPS transactions per second: 14,000 TPS
Layer 7 HTTPS throughput: 825 Mbps
Frank J. Ohlhorst is a freelance technology journalist, professional speaker and technology business consultant who covers several topics for many major publications. Frank currently writes Virtualization and Application development articles for Tech Target, Operating Systems and Security articles for Computer World, Technology How-Tos for Ars Technica and Channel-focused product reviews for ChannelTechCenter.com. Frank also has been the Executive Technology Editor for eWeek and the Lab Director of CRN's Test Center.
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
|Android Candy: Facebook Everything?!?!||Apr 14, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Buddy Platform Limited's Parse on Buddy Service