Linux Programming Hints
This article has outlined a method for creating a simple shared library from scratch. This basic method provides a starting point for understanding and constructing a shared library. Many other topics are covered and more depth is presented in “Using DLL Tools With Linux” by David Engel and Eric Youngdale. This document can be found in the doc directory provided with the tools 2.16 distribution. Information on both DLLs and ELF can also be found in the GCC FAQ, which can be retrieved via anonymous ftp from www.mrc-apu.cam.ac.uk as file /pub/linux/GCC-FAQ.
Eric Kasten (email@example.com) has been a systems programmer since 1989. Presently, he is pursuing his masters in computer science at Michigan State University, where his research focuses on networking and distributed systems. Well thought out comments and questions may be emailed to him.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Firefox OS