Linux Programming Hints
This article has outlined a method for creating a simple shared library from scratch. This basic method provides a starting point for understanding and constructing a shared library. Many other topics are covered and more depth is presented in “Using DLL Tools With Linux” by David Engel and Eric Youngdale. This document can be found in the doc directory provided with the tools 2.16 distribution. Information on both DLLs and ELF can also be found in the GCC FAQ, which can be retrieved via anonymous ftp from www.mrc-apu.cam.ac.uk as file /pub/linux/GCC-FAQ.
Eric Kasten (email@example.com) has been a systems programmer since 1989. Presently, he is pursuing his masters in computer science at Michigan State University, where his research focuses on networking and distributed systems. Well thought out comments and questions may be emailed to him.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- The 101 Uses of OpenSSH: Part I
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- Are you an extremist?
- Tails above the Rest, Part II