Block Device Drivers: Optimization
Mar 01, 1995 By Michael K. Johnson
Last month, we gave an introduction to interrupt-driver block device drivers. This month, we examine common optimizations that can allow an order of magnitude improvement in performance on some hardware, and then cover some of the points that have been left out in our whirlwind tour of block device drivers.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- Multitenant Sites
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database