Block Device Drivers: Optimization
Mar 01, 1995 By Michael K. Johnson
Last month, we gave an introduction to interrupt-driver block device drivers. This month, we examine common optimizations that can allow an order of magnitude improvement in performance on some hardware, and then cover some of the points that have been left out in our whirlwind tour of block device drivers.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Be a Mechanic...with Android and Linux!
- New Products
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Tighten Up SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters