Block Device Drivers: Optimization
Mar 01, 1995 By Michael K. Johnson
Last month, we gave an introduction to interrupt-driver block device drivers. This month, we examine common optimizations that can allow an order of magnitude improvement in performance on some hardware, and then cover some of the points that have been left out in our whirlwind tour of block device drivers.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Debugging Democracy
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff