Android Candy: MightyText, Mighty Awesome
I'll admit, I've always been impressed with Apple's iMessage program. With its integration into texting, it seamlessly combines instant messaging and SMS into a single communication stream. Whether on an iPhone, iPod, iPad or Macintosh, the messages can be seen and sent to other Apple devices. The only downfall is that you can send only SMS messages to non-Apple phones from your actual iPhone with a texting plan.
MightyText takes the idea of integration in a slightly different, but also slightly more awesome, direction. If you have an Android phone, once you install the Free MightyText application, you can text back and forth from any browser on any computer, regardless of the operating system! It includes MMS pictures, group texting and all the other cool features that traditionally are available only from a phone.
If you've been wavering back and forth about getting an iPhone or an Android device, MightyText might be the application that seals the deal for you. It was for me. In fact, MightyText is so incredibly useful, we've given it the Editors' Choice award this month. Check it out now at http://mightytext.net.
The Web app syncs up when you log in from a computer. It doesn't matter where the discussion started, it's always there!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!