A Plexible Pi
If, like me, you've jumped onto the Plex bandwagon with both feet, you've probably discovered how difficult it is to make a standalone Plex player. Sure, you can install an entire OS, then auto-start the Plex program in full screen, but it's not as simple as installing the XBMC distro, or even OpenELEC. If you own a Raspberry Pi, that has all changed.
RasPlex is a custom Linux distribution based on the popular (and awesome) OpenELEC Raspberry Pi port. Rather than installing XBMC on an RPi, however, RasPlex installs the Plex Home Theater application. Granted, the Raspberry Pi does struggle with menu speed in Plex until the cache of thumbnails is built, but with a developer focusing strictly on making Plex work for the RPi, those caching issues will be solved soon!
If you have Plex on your phone, tablet, computer, browser and Roku, but really wish you could make a standalone Plex Home Theater with your Raspberry Pi, check out RasPlex today: http://www.rasplex.com.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie