Webinar: Building a Cloud Infrastructure on KVM
|Moderator:||Bill Childers - Linux Journal editor|
|Panelist:||Will Charnock - VP of Technology, The Planet|
Cloud implementations – and the platforms they’re developed on – drive debate from virtually every provider about why their hypervisor is better than another company’s version. In this Linux Journal webinar, Will Charnock, Vice President of Technology for The Planet, underscores why his company selected KVM as its hypervisor, backed by the alternatives that were considered. He elaborates on the technologies used, areas where custom development was required and why managing KVM on a large scale was the best path for The Planet and its 18,000 customers.
Linux Journal editor Bill Childers moderated this event, which included 20 minutes of compelling Q&A towards the end. Check it out by following the Download Now link below:
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Django Models and Migrations
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development