- What virtualization solution do you use/manage at work? - 1247 votes - closed
- What is your primary job function? - 3364 votes - open
- How many domains do you own/control personally and/or for your employer? - 1679 votes - closed
- Do you care that a new iPad was announced today? - 2857 votes - closed
- Are you planning to or have you recently migrated to Linux from another development platform? - 3348 votes - open
- How do you manage your files? Do you: - 6144 votes - open
- What should Canonical have named the Ubuntu 12.04 release? - 3170 votes - open
- What is your primary mobile device platform? - 10087 votes - open
- What Color is Your Car? - 2530 votes - open
- What is your favorite open source CMS? - 8136 votes - open
- What is your favorite Linux distribution for use on the desktop? - 14214 votes - closed
- What's your favorite e-mail client? - 7209 votes - open
- What's your favorite platform for developing Rich Internet Apps? - 1008 votes - open
- What's your favorite programming language? - 8627 votes - closed
- What's your favorite office program? - 3225 votes - open
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Devuan Beta Release
- May 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- The Humble Hacker?
- The Death of RoboVM
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- AdaCore's SPARK Pro
In modern computer systems, privacy and security are mandatory. However, connections from the outside over public networks automatically imply risks. One easily available solution to avoid eavesdroppers’ attempts is SSH. But, its wide adoption during the past 21 years has made it a target for attackers, so hardening your system properly is a must.
Additionally, in highly regulated markets, you must comply with specific operational requirements, proving that you conform to standards and even that you have included new mandatory authentication methods, such as two-factor authentication. In this ebook, I discuss SSH and how to configure and manage it to guarantee that your network is safe, your data is secure and that you comply with relevant regulations.Get the Guide