Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App
Apps like Instagram have made photo filters commonplace. I actually don't mind the vintage look for quick cell-phone snapshots, but a filter can do only so much. At first glance, Repix is another one of those "make your photo cool" apps that does little more than add a border and change saturation levels. It is more than that, however, taking photo modification to the next level and making it art.
The photo here, for instance, is from the Repix Flickr stream. It's obviously been filtered, but you're sure to notice there's a lot more going on. I'm not a terribly visually artistic person, but Repix allows a few simple touches to make a beautiful difference. If you're looking for a simple way to make your cat photos a little more exciting, but don't want to have to transfer photos to a desktop application, check out Repix. The standard features are free, but with an in-app purchase, you can get more packages to play with.
Due to its ability to help a luddite like myself create artsy photographs, Repix gets this month's Editors' Choice award. If you like to take photos, but don't have an artistic bone in your body, I urge you to check it out. It's in the Play Store, but the Web site is http://www.repix.it.
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Sometimes My Office Goes with Me
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux