V2V Migration to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization on the Dell PowerEdge R820
Migration from one virtualized environment to another, called virtual-to-virtual migration (V2V), is a powerful method of reallocating or moving your virtualized workloads to meet business demands. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and the Red Hat virt-v2v migration tool make it easy for your existing virtual machines to migrate to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform. In our labs, we performed a migration of VMs on a legacy server to a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment on a current-generation DellTM PowerEdgeTM R820 to show how straightforward the V2V migration process can be.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Django Models and Migrations
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development