V2V Migration to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization on the Dell PowerEdge R820
Migration from one virtualized environment to another, called virtual-to-virtual migration (V2V), is a powerful method of reallocating or moving your virtualized workloads to meet business demands. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and the Red Hat virt-v2v migration tool make it easy for your existing virtual machines to migrate to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform. In our labs, we performed a migration of VMs on a legacy server to a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment on a current-generation DellTM PowerEdgeTM R820 to show how straightforward the V2V migration process can be.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
|Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu