Reader Appreciation Month
June is Reader Appreciation Month here at Linux Journal. Make sure to visit our web site throughout the month, follow us on Twitter (@linuxjournal) and "Like" us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/linuxjournal) to find out about the great prizes, discounts and give-aways we have lined up for you!
Linux Journal is the community's magazine, and it has been since 1994. Last year we made what was at first a somewhat rocky transformation from print to the digital world, and you, our dear readers, stuck with us. We listened to what you suggested and released Android, iPhone and iPad apps as well as eBook versions for your Kindles, Nooks and other EPUB readers. Now Linux Journal boasts a larger paid subscription base than it did as a print magazine! To celebrate your support, this month, we honor YOU.
Current Promotions (announced regularly so keep checking back):
- $10 off subscription offer- includes an entry to win a Kindle Fire.
The contest to win a Kindle Fire expires June 27, 2012, at 11:59 PM CST. The
winner will be notified via email June 28, 2012.
1. Subscribe using the appropriate link above.
2. The contest is open to all of our subscribers.
3. Subscribers should renew/enter only once.
4. The drawing will be conducted by Linux Journal and decisions are
final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of renewals
and new subscriptions received during the time period the contest is run.
5. The subscription contest ends June 27, 2012, at 11:59 pm CST.
6. The Kindle Fire winner will be notified via email on June 28, 2012.
7. Twenty second-place winners will be awarded a Linux Journal 2011 eBook.
These winners will be notified by June 28, 2012.
One FREE current or back issue of Linux Journal available for download on Sunday, June 17, 2012. Use coupon code ONEFREE when checking out. http://lj.mybigcommerce.com/categories/Back-Issues-%252d-Digital-Downloads/
HALF OFF Linux Journal's 2011 Archive EPUB through this Friday, June 15! This popular EPUB includes all 2011 issues of Linux Journal. Use coupon code EPUB at check out. http://lj.mybigcommerce.com/products/Linux-Journal-2011-eBook.html
Share our "Win a Free Nook" image on Facebook to win! Contest closes Friday June 8, 2012 at 3pm CDT.
Free download of our Cool Projects Special Issue for your computer and/or EPUB reader (different links for each so make sure to follow them both if you want to redeem both versions). A $15.98 total value. Use coupon code COOLPROJECTS when checking out to redeem your free copies. Offer expires Monday, June 11.
Calendar image via Shutterstock.com.
- Epiq Solutions' Sidekiq M.2
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- The Many Paths to a Solution
- Nativ Disc
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Synopsys' Coverity
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Securing the Programmer
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
With all the industry talk about the benefits of Linux on Power and all the performance advantages offered by its open architecture, you may be considering a move in that direction. If you are thinking about analytics, big data and cloud computing, you would be right to evaluate Power. The idea of using commodity x86 hardware and replacing it every three years is an outdated cost model. It doesn’t consider the total cost of ownership, and it doesn’t consider the advantage of real processing power, high-availability and multithreading like a demon.
This ebook takes a look at some of the practical applications of the Linux on Power platform and ways you might bring all the performance power of this open architecture to bear for your organization. There are no smoke and mirrors here—just hard, cold, empirical evidence provided by independent sources. I also consider some innovative ways Linux on Power will be used in the future.Get the Guide