Official Ubuntu Server Book, 2nd Edition
We love this book. Perhaps we're a little biased as Linux Journal "Hack and /" columnist Kyle Rankin is the author, but even so it's a really, really good book. And today you can win one.
Ubuntu Server is a complete, free server operating system that just works, with the extra Ubuntu polish, innovation, and simplicity that administrators love.
Now, there’s a definitive, authoritative guide to getting up-and-running quickly with the newest, most powerful versions of Ubuntu Server. The Official Ubuntu Server Book, Second Edition, covers all you need to know to make the most of Ubuntu Server, whether you’re a beginner or a battle-hardened senior system administrator.
The author covers Ubuntu Server from start to finish: installation, basic administration and monitoring, security, backup, troubleshooting, system rescue, and much more. They walk through deploying each of the most common server applications, from file and print services to state-of-the-art, cost-saving virtualization and cloud computing.
In addition, you’ll learn how to
- Make the most of Ubuntu Server’s latest, most powerful technologies
- Discover easy, fast ways to perform key administration tasks
- Automate Ubuntu installs, no matter how many servers you’re installing
- Quickly set up low-cost Web servers and e-mail
- Protect your server with Ubuntu’s built-in and optional security tools
- Minimize downtime with fault tolerance and clustering
- Master proven, step-by-step server and network troubleshooting techniques
- Walk through rescuing an Ubuntu server that won’t boot
- Create your own private cloud computing infrastructure
The included disks contain the versions of Ubuntu Server you’ll need for different CPU architectures: Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS 64-bit CD, and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32-bit DVD, both of which are supported by Canonical for five years.
One randomly drawn winner will be selected to receive today's prize. And if you're a super fan of Kyle Rankin (who isn't), let us know and we'll see if we can't get this one autographed for you too.
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Perceptions of the Linux OS Among Undergraduate System Administrators
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Why Python?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security