Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000
Don't think for a second the irony is lost on us. Today's giveaway is a Microsoft *ahem* Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000, Game Precision Series. This prize was generously donated and we know some of you secretly use MS products on the side, and for you folks, today is your lucky day.
Tracking Method: Laser
- Laser technology for precise mouse tracking on many surfaces.
- Magnifier lets you see more detail, just point and press to enlarge screen image.
- 5 Customizable buttons for easy navigation.
- Designed for either right- or left-handed use.
- Thin, flexible USB cable is easily maneuverable.
One randomly drawn winner will be chosen to receive today's prize. And if you win and are offended by the MS offering today, you can let me know once I contact you and I'll hook you up with a couple of Linux Journal t-shirts instead.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Server Hardening
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- The Humble Hacker?
- The Death of RoboVM
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- Varnish Software's Hitch
In modern computer systems, privacy and security are mandatory. However, connections from the outside over public networks automatically imply risks. One easily available solution to avoid eavesdroppers’ attempts is SSH. But, its wide adoption during the past 21 years has made it a target for attackers, so hardening your system properly is a must.
Additionally, in highly regulated markets, you must comply with specific operational requirements, proving that you conform to standards and even that you have included new mandatory authentication methods, such as two-factor authentication. In this ebook, I discuss SSH and how to configure and manage it to guarantee that your network is safe, your data is secure and that you comply with relevant regulations.Get the Guide