Ice Tube Clock Kit
This clock kit by Adafruit is made with a retro Russian display tube!
* Cool glowing blue tube with 8 digits, PM dot and alarm on/off indicator
* Adjustable brightness
* Alarm with volume adjust
* Precision watch crystal keeps time with under 20ppm (0.0002%) error (< 2 seconds a day)
* Clear acrylic enclosure protects clock from you and you from clock
* Battery backup will let the clock keep the time for up to 2 weeks without power
* Selectable 12h or 24h display
* Displays day and date on button press
* 10 minute snooze
* Integrated boost converter so it can run off of standard DC wall adapters, works in any country regardless of mains power
* Great for desk or night table use, the clock measures 4.9" x 2.9" x 1.3" (12.5cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)
* Completely open source hardware and software, ready to be hacked and modded
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Server Hardening
- The Humble Hacker?
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- The Death of RoboVM
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- ACI Worldwide's UP Retail Payments
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- Varnish Software's Hitch
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
In modern computer systems, privacy and security are mandatory. However, connections from the outside over public networks automatically imply risks. One easily available solution to avoid eavesdroppers’ attempts is SSH. But, its wide adoption during the past 21 years has made it a target for attackers, so hardening your system properly is a must.
Additionally, in highly regulated markets, you must comply with specific operational requirements, proving that you conform to standards and even that you have included new mandatory authentication methods, such as two-factor authentication. In this ebook, I discuss SSH and how to configure and manage it to guarantee that your network is safe, your data is secure and that you comply with relevant regulations.Get the Guide