UC Berkeley Extension Offers Open Source Fundamentals Course
UC Berkeley Extension will start offering a course (1 credit) titled "Open Source Fundamentals and Strategies". LJ contributing editor Ibrahim Haddad developed the course for UCB and will be teaching it.
The course provides an overview of open-source software and its characteristics in comparison to proprietary software and freeware, and presents an in-depth discussion on the open-source development model, the Open Source community and open-source licenses. Furthermore, the course focuses on strategies for using open-source software and strategies for contributing open-source software. The course examines the benefits and risks for the different approaches and guides you through the process that takes place when developing your open-source software strategy.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer