One Client to Rule Them All
I Twitter. I Dent. I Blog (duh, you're reading it now). At times I've Plurked, Facebooked, Skyped, and Gtalked. The big problem is that each socialization protocol has its own client. I currently have 2 monitors on my desk and one is almost full of widgets and applications to keep up. I have:
Basically my second monitor is just a dump zone for apps to keep me connected. I am at least thankful that Pidgin will manage most of my IM accounts (AIM, G-Talk, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo). I also realize Twhirl will manage Identi.ca for me, but it does it in yet another window. Ugh.
The only thing that comes close for me is Ping.fm. What I'd really like to see is something like Twhirl support Ping.fm directly. I might be able to actually get some work done on my second monitor. :)
I'm curious, how do you do your online communications?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer