Let's improve on the pay toilet model for public wi-fi
Public wi-fi in airports and hotels is offered on the pay toilet model. It charges money to use low-cost plumbing facilities. I believe it would be better for airports, and their passengers, if plumbing usage were free, just as it is for water and trains between terminals.
Can we tell them how?
I'm thinking about this while going through the usual insanity of logging on, in this case at the airport in Zürich. Here's a photoset of the login gauntlet I just went through.
Bottom line: I have no idea what I'm paying.
Okay, I need to catch the next flight. More in Paris.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Stepping into Science
- Qu’est-ce qu’on a fait au Bon Dieu ? Télécharger Le Film Complet Gratuit
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- Radio Free Linux
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Parrot S.L.A.M.dunk