Microsoft has been granted a patent on 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keystrokes.
The software giant applied for the patent in 2005, and was granted it on August 19, 2008. US patent number 7,415,666 describes "a method and system in a document viewer for scrolling a substantially exact increment in a document, such as one page, regardless of whether the zoom is such that some, all or one page is currently being viewed".
This is being reported on ZDNet. I thought it was a joke at first. I am still looking for someone to jump up and say "April Fool." Please, tell me this is a spoof...please!!!
- Secret Agent Man
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Own Your DNS Data
- Smoothwall Express
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)