I'm doing some simple server/client based socket progs in C. My problem is that the sending routine uses the protocol family PF_PACKET -> with SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP so i made some own cooked frames and send them with sendto(). I' have monitored them with tcpdump, the packet arrives, the ip sum is ok the udp socket too.
The in the receiver routine is PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP the socket is binded to the proper device and never becomes readable.... WHY??????????? tcpdump sees that the packet is arrived the dest address and port are ok, but the socket never becomes readable...
Is someone have practice in this kind of solution?????
so once again i must send with PF_PACKET (because of some ehternet broadcast features) and must receive with PF_INET.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- So girls had it better ?
2 hours 42 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
3 hours 2 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
8 hours 35 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
13 hours 38 min ago
13 hours 57 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
14 hours 22 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
14 hours 35 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
20 hours 14 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
20 hours 49 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
21 hours 17 min ago