Geeky Gifts -- Soldering Station
It has a digital readout that even displays tip temperature. Optional goodies include a solder sucker and a plethora of tips. Speaking of tips, one tip suspiciously looks like it could be used to mold proprietary or even open source penguin poop pellets. Maybe the solder sucker could even clean up said poop pellets. Definitely more "iron" than I need but that's what the holidays are all about, right? It is even Linux compatible, no special drivers required. For even more iron details you probably don't want, click here.
The movie "A Christmas Story" pretty much captures my youth. I grew up in northern Indiana with a Daisy BB gun(no compass in the stock). Now I'm all "grown up" and have a soldering iron with a temp gauge in the base instead of a shootin' iron with a compass in the stock.
Mike Roberts is a bewildered Linux Journal Reader Advisory Panelist.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
|Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security||Nov 13, 2015|
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Libreboot on an x60, Part II: the Installation
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?