Geeky Gifts -- Soldering Station
It has a digital readout that even displays tip temperature. Optional goodies include a solder sucker and a plethora of tips. Speaking of tips, one tip suspiciously looks like it could be used to mold proprietary or even open source penguin poop pellets. Maybe the solder sucker could even clean up said poop pellets. Definitely more "iron" than I need but that's what the holidays are all about, right? It is even Linux compatible, no special drivers required. For even more iron details you probably don't want, click here.
The movie "A Christmas Story" pretty much captures my youth. I grew up in northern Indiana with a Daisy BB gun(no compass in the stock). Now I'm all "grown up" and have a soldering iron with a temp gauge in the base instead of a shootin' iron with a compass in the stock.
Mike Roberts is a bewildered Linux Journal Reader Advisory Panelist.
|Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!||Oct 20, 2016|
|Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8||Oct 19, 2016|
|Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core||Oct 19, 2016|
|Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera||Oct 18, 2016|
|Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory||Oct 17, 2016|
|Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization||Oct 13, 2016|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Linux Journal October 2016
- Returning Values from Bash Functions