Geeky Gifts -- Soldering Station
It has a digital readout that even displays tip temperature. Optional goodies include a solder sucker and a plethora of tips. Speaking of tips, one tip suspiciously looks like it could be used to mold proprietary or even open source penguin poop pellets. Maybe the solder sucker could even clean up said poop pellets. Definitely more "iron" than I need but that's what the holidays are all about, right? It is even Linux compatible, no special drivers required. For even more iron details you probably don't want, click here.
The movie "A Christmas Story" pretty much captures my youth. I grew up in northern Indiana with a Daisy BB gun(no compass in the stock). Now I'm all "grown up" and have a soldering iron with a temp gauge in the base instead of a shootin' iron with a compass in the stock.
Mike Roberts is a bewildered Linux Journal Reader Advisory Panelist.
- Two Pi R
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- GIMP Shmimp, Give Me a Browser
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tinker with Molecular Dynamics for Fun and Profit
- Linux Kernel News - October 2013
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
8 min 55 sec ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
1 hour 10 min ago
- thanks for the information
2 hours 21 min ago
- nice information thanks
3 hours 3 sec ago
5 hours 55 min ago
- The lost opportunity of security
17 hours 46 min ago
- Andhra Pradesh has a variety
21 hours 44 min ago
- Very nice write up. I too
1 day 5 hours ago
- That's great article fill of
1 day 11 hours ago
- برامج مجانية
1 day 12 hours ago