Is Digg Looking To Get Dugg?
The blogsphere is perpetually atwitter with rumors of buyouts, and today was no different, with reports on several top tech-gossip sites that Digg is looking to sell to everyone from Microsoft to Barry Diller.
According to reports, Digg has quietly hired Allen & Co, the investment bank generally regarded as experts in media acquisitions. Some sites are reporting that the investment bankers have been making circumspect overtures aimed at selling the social media network for a reported $300 million. Speculation quickly grew to identify InterActive Corp. and Microsoft as potential buyers.
Of course, nobody is willing to confirm anything, and this sort of speculation goes on all the time — just look at last month's speculation about a potential Google buyout of eBay's beleaguered Skype.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- New Products
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- RSS Feeds
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python