Is Digg Looking To Get Dugg?
The blogsphere is perpetually atwitter with rumors of buyouts, and today was no different, with reports on several top tech-gossip sites that Digg is looking to sell to everyone from Microsoft to Barry Diller.
According to reports, Digg has quietly hired Allen & Co, the investment bank generally regarded as experts in media acquisitions. Some sites are reporting that the investment bankers have been making circumspect overtures aimed at selling the social media network for a reported $300 million. Speculation quickly grew to identify InterActive Corp. and Microsoft as potential buyers.
Of course, nobody is willing to confirm anything, and this sort of speculation goes on all the time — just look at last month's speculation about a potential Google buyout of eBay's beleaguered Skype.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Open-Source Space
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer