Is Digg Looking To Get Dugg?
The blogsphere is perpetually atwitter with rumors of buyouts, and today was no different, with reports on several top tech-gossip sites that Digg is looking to sell to everyone from Microsoft to Barry Diller.
According to reports, Digg has quietly hired Allen & Co, the investment bank generally regarded as experts in media acquisitions. Some sites are reporting that the investment bankers have been making circumspect overtures aimed at selling the social media network for a reported $300 million. Speculation quickly grew to identify InterActive Corp. and Microsoft as potential buyers.
Of course, nobody is willing to confirm anything, and this sort of speculation goes on all the time — just look at last month's speculation about a potential Google buyout of eBay's beleaguered Skype.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Own Your DNS Data
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- Ensono M.O.