SCO President Jumps Ship
The SCO Group — the cast of comedians responsible for the anti-Linux lawsuits against IBM and Novell — has been slowly sinking since 2002, when they filed the first of the infamous lawsuits. The descent sped up when they filed for bankruptcy in September, and now it appears the rats are finally deserting the bilges.
According to paperwork filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 12th, Sandeep Gupta, President of SCO Operations and it's Chief Operations Officer, has resigned, and will be leaving the company on January 4th. Jeff Hunsaker, previously the general manager of SCO's mobile subsidiary, Me Inc., has been handed the reins effective December 18th, though in SCO's case, it's more like the water-bailing bucket.
How long Mr. Hunsaker will stick around, and whether we should expect a flood of deserting SCO executives remains to be seen.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Docker: Lightweight Linux Containers for Consistent Development and Deployment
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer