What software do admins use to administer ldap directories. I have found two pieces of software that I use regularly.
The first is ldap account manager. This works well for getting your directory up and going. Once you create the root of the directory as well as your administrative user, LAM (ldap account manager) will create the necessary directory structure for allowing linux server to authenticate against the directory as well as Samba. You can create templates in LAM for adding users and groups which makes adding users easy. In a template you can specify specific attributes to apply to a new user such as group membership, address, etc. There is also a schema browser that is really just phpldapadmin.
For modifying users I find LAM to be a bit clunky so the second app I use luma. Luma is a client app written in python that works for linux and freebsd. I find this useful for quick user management such as changing groups.
|Speed Up Your Web Site with Varnish||Jun 19, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style||Jun 18, 2013|
|Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud||Jun 17, 2013|
|Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer||Jun 12, 2013|
|Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother||Jun 11, 2013|
|One Tail Just Isn't Enough||Jun 07, 2013|
- Speed Up Your Web Site with Varnish
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer
- Android's Limits
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
33 min 25 sec ago
- Yeah, user namespaces are
1 hour 49 min ago
- Cari Uang
5 hours 21 min ago
- user namespaces
8 hours 14 min ago
8 hours 40 min ago
- One advantage with VMs
11 hours 8 min ago
- about info
11 hours 42 min ago
11 hours 43 min ago
11 hours 43 min ago
11 hours 46 min ago
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?