The Spam Also Rises
A new study released by Barracuda Networks shows that the tide of spam is rising, clocking in at 95% of the world's email.
The study, which compared trends over the last several years, found that spam concentration is up from 85% last year. The study shows a complete reversal from 2001, when only 5% of the email sent was spam; today, only 5% of the email sent isn't spam. The data also indicates that the methods used by spammers are changing, with attachments being preferred over the once-popular inline images used to slip past text-based spam filters.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!