Novell Nabs Office Depot
Office Depot — the office supply giant spread across forty-three countries — has decided it will give up it's mix of internal server OS's and transition to a SUSE-only operation.
The retailer, second only to Staples in the office supply market, has decided that it will no longer run a miss-mash of operating systems on it's internal servers. The decision to use Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server offering is only the latest in a string of wins for Novell over main rival Red Hat.
The move is being described as an effort to reduce costs, with hopes of perking up the retailer's declining figures.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Android Candy: More Life Gamification