Novell Nabs Office Depot
Office Depot — the office supply giant spread across forty-three countries — has decided it will give up it's mix of internal server OS's and transition to a SUSE-only operation.
The retailer, second only to Staples in the office supply market, has decided that it will no longer run a miss-mash of operating systems on it's internal servers. The decision to use Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server offering is only the latest in a string of wins for Novell over main rival Red Hat.
The move is being described as an effort to reduce costs, with hopes of perking up the retailer's declining figures.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
- Linux Journal
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development