Novell Nabs Office Depot
Office Depot — the office supply giant spread across forty-three countries — has decided it will give up it's mix of internal server OS's and transition to a SUSE-only operation.
The retailer, second only to Staples in the office supply market, has decided that it will no longer run a miss-mash of operating systems on it's internal servers. The decision to use Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server offering is only the latest in a string of wins for Novell over main rival Red Hat.
The move is being described as an effort to reduce costs, with hopes of perking up the retailer's declining figures.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Smith Charts for All