Novell Nabs Office Depot
Office Depot — the office supply giant spread across forty-three countries — has decided it will give up it's mix of internal server OS's and transition to a SUSE-only operation.
The retailer, second only to Staples in the office supply market, has decided that it will no longer run a miss-mash of operating systems on it's internal servers. The decision to use Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server offering is only the latest in a string of wins for Novell over main rival Red Hat.
The move is being described as an effort to reduce costs, with hopes of perking up the retailer's declining figures.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development