Another Ultra Mobile PC
I think I have taken neurosis to a new level. Ever since the LinuxWorld show, I have been anxiously awaiting the release of the Asus EeePC. Anticipating the $200 version, I was thinking the "Impulse" buy defense.
Even though that version did not surface, my obsession with the 4GB version continued to grow. Quietly watching Newegg.com when availability was announced, in stock, out of stock, in stock, out of stock, buy it, don't buy it...
The weekly taunts of, “come on just buy it” from our webmistress. Still I refrained, why, because I do not honestly need it, but I want it...However, I stayed true. I have other things I must spend money on at the moment, such as the holidays, household bills, and oh yeah, replace the cell phone with the non functioning keys.
I am now down to only glancing at the book marked page occasionally, so I am confident that the crisis is subsiding. Now I hear of the Cloudbook, Are you kidding me? Seriously, is there a support group I can join? Another ultra mobile pc with release date 1 month away, I foresee this unhealthy obsession continuing into early spring.
Mark Irgang is Associate Publisher at Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
4 hours 21 min ago
4 hours 40 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
5 hours 5 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
5 hours 19 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
10 hours 58 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
11 hours 32 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
12 hours 56 sec ago
13 hours 55 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
15 hours 15 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
17 hours 48 min ago