Another Ultra Mobile PC
I think I have taken neurosis to a new level. Ever since the LinuxWorld show, I have been anxiously awaiting the release of the Asus EeePC. Anticipating the $200 version, I was thinking the "Impulse" buy defense.
Even though that version did not surface, my obsession with the 4GB version continued to grow. Quietly watching Newegg.com when availability was announced, in stock, out of stock, in stock, out of stock, buy it, don't buy it...
The weekly taunts of, “come on just buy it” from our webmistress. Still I refrained, why, because I do not honestly need it, but I want it...However, I stayed true. I have other things I must spend money on at the moment, such as the holidays, household bills, and oh yeah, replace the cell phone with the non functioning keys.
I am now down to only glancing at the book marked page occasionally, so I am confident that the crisis is subsiding. Now I hear of the Cloudbook, Are you kidding me? Seriously, is there a support group I can join? Another ultra mobile pc with release date 1 month away, I foresee this unhealthy obsession continuing into early spring.
Mark Irgang is Associate Publisher at Linux Journal
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Preparing Data for Machine Learning
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter