Linux boot problem
I have a PC which i work rarely on,i remember i had installed gentoo in it.
It has bzImage in its boot folder,so it boots but it is set to load root file system using nfs from another PC of me.
Once,i powered it off while it was running.This started all problems and now it keeps on restarting whenever i start.After loading kernel at some point...it restarts again.
I can format and re-setup everything again...but i want to recover it by tweaking...so that i can learn s'th.
Can anyone help?
So my question is: Can i get to see any log of boot error messages....?
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- DevOps for Dummies
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Open Axiom
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal