1/11 To Debut KDE 4.0
The KDE Release Team has made it official: The long-awaited KDE version 4.0 will release on January 11, 2008.
The release was originally scheduled for December 2007, but was pushed back due to glitches in visual appearance and Konqueror. The KDE team describes the current status as "most parts...and a lot of applications are considered stable and well-usable." The announcement also highlights certain bugs which still require resolution, including xine codec issues, and reiterates the request for users to participate in testing and polishing the release.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment