1/11 To Debut KDE 4.0
The KDE Release Team has made it official: The long-awaited KDE version 4.0 will release on January 11, 2008.
The release was originally scheduled for December 2007, but was pushed back due to glitches in visual appearance and Konqueror. The KDE team describes the current status as "most parts...and a lot of applications are considered stable and well-usable." The announcement also highlights certain bugs which still require resolution, including xine codec issues, and reiterates the request for users to participate in testing and polishing the release.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Smoothwall Express
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Learning to Program the Arduino
- Own Your DNS Data
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Simple Server Hardening
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- SSH Tunneling - Poor Techie's VPN