1/11 To Debut KDE 4.0
The KDE Release Team has made it official: The long-awaited KDE version 4.0 will release on January 11, 2008.
The release was originally scheduled for December 2007, but was pushed back due to glitches in visual appearance and Konqueror. The KDE team describes the current status as "most parts...and a lot of applications are considered stable and well-usable." The announcement also highlights certain bugs which still require resolution, including xine codec issues, and reiterates the request for users to participate in testing and polishing the release.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- RSS Feeds
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!