1/11 To Debut KDE 4.0
The KDE Release Team has made it official: The long-awaited KDE version 4.0 will release on January 11, 2008.
The release was originally scheduled for December 2007, but was pushed back due to glitches in visual appearance and Konqueror. The KDE team describes the current status as "most parts...and a lot of applications are considered stable and well-usable." The announcement also highlights certain bugs which still require resolution, including xine codec issues, and reiterates the request for users to participate in testing and polishing the release.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- New Products
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Giving Silos Their Due