Internet Explorer on Linux
What!?!? Blasphemy you say? Yes, here's how to run Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0 on Linux.
Installation instructions for Ubuntu:
1) Open a terminal
2) Open /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
3) Uncomment (or add) following lines:
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy universe
4) Add this line:
deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt gutsy main
5) Close gedit. Update and install wine and cabextract:
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install wine cabextract
6) Download IEs 4 Linux and install
tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
If you need instructions for your specific Linux distribution, check the ies4linux installation page.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS