Internet Explorer on Linux
What!?!? Blasphemy you say? Yes, here's how to run Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0 on Linux.
Installation instructions for Ubuntu:
1) Open a terminal
2) Open /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
3) Uncomment (or add) following lines:
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy universe
4) Add this line:
deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt gutsy main
5) Close gedit. Update and install wine and cabextract:
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install wine cabextract
6) Download IEs 4 Linux and install
tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
If you need instructions for your specific Linux distribution, check the ies4linux installation page.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Django Models and Migrations
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development