Internet Explorer on Linux
What!?!? Blasphemy you say? Yes, here's how to run Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0 on Linux.
Installation instructions for Ubuntu:
1) Open a terminal
2) Open /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
3) Uncomment (or add) following lines:
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu gutsy universe
4) Add this line:
deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt gutsy main
5) Close gedit. Update and install wine and cabextract:
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install wine cabextract
6) Download IEs 4 Linux and install
tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
If you need instructions for your specific Linux distribution, check the ies4linux installation page.
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- The Ubuntu Conspiracy
- Science on Android
- A First Look at IBM's New Linux Servers
- Vigilante Malware
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Vagrant Simplified
- Bluetooth Hacks
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi