Anyone experimented with Linux within a VM on Mac OS X Leopard?
I have VMware and Parallels, but I only use them to run Windows XP and Vista. I'd like to hear from a few people who are running Red Hat, Debian or some other flavor of Linux within Mac OS X Leopard, and what kind of results you're getting. What distro works best, for example? Does X interplay nicely with Mac?
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really.
He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and
can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Sometimes My Office Goes with Me