Anyone experimented with Linux within a VM on Mac OS X Leopard?
I have VMware and Parallels, but I only use them to run Windows XP and Vista. I'd like to hear from a few people who are running Red Hat, Debian or some other flavor of Linux within Mac OS X Leopard, and what kind of results you're getting. What distro works best, for example? Does X interplay nicely with Mac?
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really.
He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and
can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Returning Values from Bash Functions