Anyone experimented with Linux within a VM on Mac OS X Leopard?
I have VMware and Parallels, but I only use them to run Windows XP and Vista. I'd like to hear from a few people who are running Red Hat, Debian or some other flavor of Linux within Mac OS X Leopard, and what kind of results you're getting. What distro works best, for example? Does X interplay nicely with Mac?
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really.
He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and
can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Downloading an Entire Web Site with wget
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud