Enter an address, find out how walkable it is
Before heading out to lunch today, we're looking up our office address on a newly launched site, Walk Score to see if there's anywhere nearby to eat that we've missed. Walk Score shows you a map of what's nearby and calculates a Walk Score for any property, in our case the Linux Journal office:
Our office gets a Walk Score of 72 -- considering we're in the very walkable city of Houston, Texas, ahem, I'll be happy with that score.
At least we don't work at Microsoft. They have a Walk Score of only 32.
And no, we didn't find any new restaurants. But we did manage to kill the last 15 minutes playing with this new site.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Smoothwall Express
- Own Your DNS Data
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux