The Source is Open, n00bs Welcome
I was discussing the topic of posting to a high profile site like Linux Journal with a friend of mine recently. Their take on the issue is that it can be intimidating to say stuff, either in a blog like this, or in a forum post, because of the "what if I mess up" concern.
I understand that concern, and sure, it's important not to claim expertise where there is none. It's also important to realize that everyone interested in Linux has the, "keys to the kingdom" so to speak. So I urge everyone reading: Don't hesitate in contributing just because you feel you don't measure up. Heck, they let me into this place, so there's hope for everyone. :)
Don't understand what Ubuntu means? Me neither.
Afraid someone might find out you're not all knowing? Eh, we already know.
So get involved. Post in the forums. If you get ridiculed, I'll get out my ugly stick and beat down the offenders. If it gets too serious, I'll make some armpit noises to soften the mood. Oh, and while you're in the forums, buy me a Chumby!
|Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)||Feb 17, 2017|
|Own Your DNS Data||Feb 16, 2017|
|IGEL Universal Desktop Converter||Feb 15, 2017|
|Simple Server Hardening||Feb 14, 2017|
|Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU||Feb 13, 2017|
|Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket||Feb 09, 2017|
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)